Saturday 18 May 2013

Building an ASLAV Part 2- finishing the build

So, building has been completed on the ASLAV, the weather has cleared enough for me to undercoat ASLAV today, so paint should start tomorrow (all going well).

Adam correctly pointed out that my ASLAV was missing a spare wheel on the back. I had the plan of making a cast of one of the imprint wheels from green stuff, then build up the rest of the wheel from green stuff. Seemed to be a good plan, except I made an absolute hash of it! So, flagging that entirely, I opted to make my spare wheel with a cover on it. All the photos I have seen of the ASLAV show it without a cover, so I am using some artistic licence. I made it from a couple of 16mm washers, covered liberally with green stuff. I added a recognition panel to the cover to make it a bit more interesting. I plan to paint the cover in the desert AUSCAM, need to double check on the colour for the recognition panel tho



Another thing that which was missing from the kit was the ammo box for the pintle mounted FN MAG 58, so I whipped one up from some Green Stuff. I think that is all the building I am going to do, I could keep covering it in kit, but I do like the Australian vehicle camo, so I want to keep plenty of flat panels for the camo scheme.



So, off to undercoat the ASLAV, hoping to get the paint on it tomorrow.

Look Curt, TWO posts!

CP

8 comments:

  1. Looking good mate. Show us the painted one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the (covered) wheel and ammo box!

    Now, go for a hat-trick and give us three posts in a single month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Pooch!

    Good to see you back on the wagon :)

    Your sorely tempting me to get some 28mm / 1/48 Armour...

    Cheers
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great. Have you seen these? 28mm Modern Aussies.
    Available from Skirmish sangin in NZ. You can pick them up in Australia from Elite Minis.

    http://www.eliteminiaturesaustralia.net/SKIRMISH-SANGIN.html

    I have three sets myself.
    There are another 16 minis including 203 UGL's coming out in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're blog has gone flatline. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gonna borrow/steal some of your ideas on that LAV...looking forward to the finished version

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thats really great great blog ,
    Are you creating a FiveM server? Here are the best scripts for FiveM, for a cheap price and a very good quality! Don’t waste your time for testing and fixing free FiveM scripts. Use our premium FiveM scripts.
    vrp scripts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Blog , Thanks
    Single noble business trip massage Noble business trip massage It is a business trip massage company with no advance payment and no reservation fee in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do. Please use the website for detailed course consultation inquiries.For more at 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete